09 Aug 2017
From the beginning, this internationally recognized half marathon raises relief for the victims of antipersonnel mines in Cambodia. With the support of many Japanese running enthusiasts, the Angkor Wat International Half Marathon NGO started the race in 1996, with participants from all over the world. Attended by many landmine victims, this great international race takes place inside the ruins of Angkor Wat, a World Heritage Site, and has been held annually to give the victims courage and hope, as well as to appeal to the world to support the “ban on the use of antipersonnel mines.”
Runners from all over the world participate to support a ban on the manufacture and inhumane use of antipersonnel mines. Entry fees and additional financial support foster independence among landmine victims by helping provide prosthetic limbs, social reintegration programs, and supporting other relevant and needed programs such as education and prevention of HIV / AIDS. Another part of charity also goes to the support Children hospitals in Cambodia Such as Angkor Children Hospital and Kantha Bopha Children Hospital.
Thanks to international supports from around the world, both healthy and disabled people are inspired and encouraged by the competition, greatly benefiting many communities throughout Cambodia.
The Royal Government of Kingdom of Cambodia, Siem Reap province Governmental Authority, Ministry of Tourism, Ministry of Education Youth and Sports, Ministry of Culture and Fine Arts, Apsara Authority, Embassy of the Kingdom of Cambodia in Japan, Embassy of Japan in the Kingdom of Cambodia. Cambodia consulate in Osaka, Association of Athletics Federations Asia, Japan Association of Athletics Federations, international organizations, ASEAN-Japan Centre, Japan International Cooperation Agency, Tokyo Office, United Nations Population Fund, Cambodian Red Cross, Cambodia Trust, Mine Action Japan, Japan to Ban Landmines campaign, Sankei Shimbun, Sankei Sports, Nippon Broadcasting System, Inc., Sanyo newspaper, San’yohoso, Okayamahoso. Kausumigaura Marathon….
Race Schedule/Event Schedule for (Sunday) December 03, 2017
|Race Categories||Gender||Start Time|
|21km Half Marathon||Men/Women||06:00AM|
|10km Road Race||Men/Women||06:20AM|
|10km Artificial Arm/Leg||Men/Women||06:20AM|
|03km Family Run||Open||06:40AM|
Access to Running Course:
From the Siem Reap town to the Angkor Wat temple (start point) around 6km .It takes 20 minutes by Motor Remoque (Tuk Tuk) and 15minutes by Taxi or Bus. All participants of Angkor Wat International Half Marathon must arrive the event place at least 30minutes before the starting time.
Benefits for all runners
AWHM committee will provide Finisher-Medal for 21km & 10km for completed runners at Finishing area, and Running Certificate for 3km completed runners after the race. Free Foods & drinks will be served at the Finish Area.
Refreshments & other set up along the course :
- Every 2km the water station is set up for delivering water and electrolyte drinks to all runners. Some water stations also serve banana together with drinks .
- Check point for the Bib tag timing was set up at Angkor Thom, and near Angkor Wat area.
- Every distance of 1Km on the running course will be marked by a sign board on the right side of the road.
The record will be posted in the Cambodia Events Organizer website 1 day after the event.
In December, Dry Season 18-28.C (80-95.F)
Angkor Wat International Half Marathon is flat course with ancient tree along the course.There are around 14 ancient temples along the course. the runners can enjoy to take photos during running.It is unique course inside the world heritage area.
* Minority who participates in Kids race need the guardian’s signature on the Waver Clause at the final confirmation site (Angkor Century Resort & Spa)
If you couldn’t come to pick up your race pack during final confirmation date, you should make a letter attached with your confirmation sheet pass it to your relation so they could pick up instead of you.
The registration after the deadline from 01 November will not be accepted.
1. Registration fees
|Race Category||Gender||Age||Foreigner Now - 30Sept.17||Foreigner
|Cambodian Now-01 Nov.17|
|Half Marathon (21km)||Men/Women||16yrs Up||USD 66.00||USD 75.00||USD 15.00|
|10km Road Race||Men/Women||13yrs Up||USD 60.00||USD 68.00||USD 12.00|
|03km Family Run||Open||Adult & Kid||USD 40.00||USD 48.00||USD 5.00|
|21km Wheel Chair||Men/Women||16yrs Up||Free||Free||Free|
|10km Artificial Arm/Leg||Men/Women||16yrs Up||Free||Free||Free|
Notice: For upgrade or downgrade of each race categories must be changed before 01 October, 2017. ( please read the condition of race changing above mention )
Deadline registration on 01 November, 2017.
2. Course Inspection & Pre-Gala Dinner (Saturday December 02, 2017)
Course Inspection (Saturday) 02 Dec, 2017
|Date||Saturday December 02, 2017|
|Departure Location||Sokha Siem Reap (Street 60)|
|Ticket fee||USD 20 per person (limited 200pax)|
|Bus Departure||1st: 09.00am & 2nd: 10.30am|
|Inclusive||Accompany by English Speaking Guide, 01 bottle fresh water and cool tissue|
3. Pre-Gala Dinner (Saturday) 02 Dec, 2017
|Date/Time||Saturday December 02, 2017 >|
|Location||The Ancient Bayon Temple (13th Century)|
|Ticket fee||USD 65 / Adult & USD 30 / Kid *under 12yrs (limited 500pax)|
|Dinner Time||- 6:00pm : VIP & Guest arrival
- 6:30pm : Dinner Party start
- 6:35pm : Khmer Traditional dance show & Hard Rock band live music show
- 7:30pm : Award Ceremony to sponsors
- 8:30pm : End of Party
|Inclusive||- Special buffet dinner
- Traditional dances show from Royal group dancers of Ministry of Culture and Fine Art.
- 01 beer or soft drink per person / Free drinking water
- Transportation (shuttle bus) from in front of Raffle Grand Hotel to Bayon Temple (time will be advised).
** All booking fees of Course Inspection and Dinner Party couldn’t refund.
The race entry included:
Registration Deadline & Race Kit Collection:
- You will be registered immediately upon we have received the payment in our bank account and please send us the bank slip of payment after you transferred it.
- The bank charges incurred by transfer must be paid by the participants. Entry fees are not deducted from amount remitted (The runner must cover both service fee).
- Entry is non-refundable
- Entry is non-transferable to another competitor
- Entry is non-transferable to next year’s competition or other events
- Change of race distance: You are required to pay the difference between the applicable fee at the time of change and the fee you originally paid if fee for new race distance is higher (No refund if fee for new distance is lower), It is accepted before the deadline and the changing race should be endured the extra admin fee of 20 USD
- Make sure that you have read and understand the Race Rules.
- Every runner will get ID pass from Marathon Committee on the date of race pack collection at Sokha Siem Reap in Siem Reap from 30 November-02 December 2017. This ID Pass will be permitted for free entrance to Angkor Area to check the course from 01-03 December, but not allowed to go inside the temples.
If you would like to visit inside the Angkor Ruins, applicants have an obligation to pay Angkor Entrance fee as $37 for 1day at the check point of Apsara Authority.
- Fund raised by the event will be contributed to the charity activities for landmine survivors and other charitable activities. All donors names will be displayed at the Exposition site and website of event organizer . Donors will definitely receive the thank you letter from the Marathon Committee.